Sunday 28 October 2012

Tic-Tac-Toe Modification

Tic-Tac-NUMBERS



For my next class I have to modify the game Tic-Tac-Toe. 

My New Modification:

I changed the chart from a 3x3 to a 4x4 chart. I changed the chart to make it a better formation for the new rules and additions. I have placed numbers at the end of each row and column. So the 4 rows will have the numbers 5, 6, 7, and 8 at the side of the chart. The columns will have the numbers 8, 7, 6, and 5 at the bottom of the chart. 

Now in the original Tic-Tac-Toe, one player writes X and the other writes O. However, in my modification, the players have the option of writing an X or an O
In this case, the Xs and the Os equal a number. X = 2 and O = 1. Players can differentiate by writing their Xs and Os in different colour pen or writing small symbols to show who wrote what.

The goal is to add up the Xs and Os so that it equals to the numbers.Your job is to get the Xs and Os equal to the amount of the row or column you use while trying to block the other player from doing the same.

Whoever gets their Xs/Os to equal to one of the numbers at the bottom or side of the chart wins the game. 

Below shows an example of the game. ( this is me playing with an opponent-brother) We used different colour markers so we will not forget who put what because remember, players can write both Xs and Os.
Remember X=2 O=1







As you can see the opponent has blocked my plan of placing all 4 Xs in row 4 by placing an O.




The opponent is the winner because he has placed another O at the top row making them equal to 5.

My Experience

While playing this game, I realized that it takes more time in terms in making decisions. In the original Tic-Tac-Toe, the players' decision-making was limited to just writing X and O. However, in Tic-Tac-NUMBERS, players have to take more time to ponder upon their next move and actually think about what they are doing. More importantly their addition skills is tested. This game uses tactics and skill. In addition, it is fun and people appreciate the difference in dynamics.



No comments:

Post a Comment